Abuse & Harassment
District 5450 Abuse & Harassment Policy
District 5450 reaffirms its adherence to Rotary International’s zero-tolerance policy against abuse and harassment for all persons, and in particular, "at risk" individuals:
- vulnerable person (an individual of any age who is impaired mentally, physically or developmentally)
- protected person means any minor (less than 18 years of age), young adult (between 18 and 21 years of age) or vulnerable person participating in a District or Club sponsored program or event.
Any Rotarian expected to have one-on-one interaction with protected or vulnerable person/s (volunteers may find themselves unavoidably in an unsupervised or unobserved condition) should complete the following steps prior to any one-on-one contact:
- read the District Abuse and Harassment Policy (click the link under Related Pages)
- take a FREE online abuse and harassment tutorial (the tutorial was developed for the Youth Exchange program and complies with all District 5450 A&H requirements)
- pass a FREE online test to become certified (instructions at the end of the online tutotial) NOTE: You must email your results to Peter Ewing at firstname.lastname@example.org to be in compliance.
- complete a background check
For information or questions contact Peter Ewing, email@example.com, 303-859-9547